Thursday 13 March 2014

2nd edit- feedback



After I sent my editing 1st draft, I emailed it to my teacher and she kindly showed this to a friend of hers who is a professional cameraman. He said the shots were lovely however, he did still not quite recognise the film was a thriller and that the digging looked like someone was gardening in their back garden. He suggested that I got some clothes, covered them in blood and threw them in the hole. I took inspiration from his suggestion and took a hoodie, put in it a plastic bag and then buried it.
My teacher then noticed that there was no diegetic sound and that it would be more effective if there was. I had forgotten about this and glad someone had brought it up. I decided to include the sound of a shovel scraping along the ground and voice overs where I thought them appropriate. She also noticed that the painting action did not look realistic as it was a splattered painting and my actress was stroking the painting with a brush. I refilled the action of painting quickly and replaced all the visible shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment