Tuesday 5 November 2013

Task 2 - Research 2 directors famous for your chosen genre

The Silence of the Lambs
1991
Director: Jonathan Demme
Born: February 22, 1944
          New York, USA

For his work on The Silence of the Lambs, Jonathan Demme won an Acadamy Award for Best Director in 1991. Since then, he has directed other films such as: Philadelphia, Rachel Getting Married and the Talking. "I don't think it's sacrilegious to remake any movie, including a good or even great movie." I really like the use of close ups to build suspense - I will be trying to recreate this in my film intro. 







Inception 
2010
Director: Christopher Nolan
Born: July 30, 1970
          London, England

Nolan has been described as "one of the most innovative storytellers and image makers at work in movies today" becauase of his works in independent and low budget films. Nolan was signed after his work on The Dark Knight Rises due to it's success. He later returned to the fins to direct it's last in the series. I admire the use of special effects and it is definitely an option I could use in the film opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment