Thursday 21 November 2013

Task 8 - Iconic sounds from thriller films

Silence
  • It creates suspense
  • The audience become uneasy and are more perceptive to being scared due to loud noises 

Rain/Thunder
  • Creates a dull and dreary atmosphere
  • It gives the effect of unhappiness

Eery Whistling/Singing
  • Is backed up by creepy music but the whistling/humming can still be heard
  • The tune of the humming is familiar creating a personal connection with the audience 

Music that drastically changes tempo
  • The music dramatically starts then whistles out only to return sharply and loudly
  • Frightens the audience and puts them on edge 

I feel I might use silence in my film to create suspense as I think it is very effective. I also think that music that changes tempo drastically is effective because if it is drastic enough, it will alert the audience suddenly and create confusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment